Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Christian Made It Work

Photobucket

Whitney's Words:
Guest Blogging from Whitney McGeary at Wendy Culpepper!

I am a Project Runway addict which is why it was the chance of a lifetime to see the finale runway show at Bryant Park during Fashion Week! It was surreal to be amongst the designers from past seasons, my personal favorites Allison and Michael Knight from Season 3, celebrities, models, and the press! I was in the loop, something that never happens, about everything from the guest judge, to the collections and the attendees! If only I could have heard Tim Gunn say, "Make it work", my experience would have been complete!

SCORING FROM THE FIFTH JUDGE...ME

Christian: I have one word for Christian's Collection...Fierce! There really is no other way to describe it. His looks were dramatic and made for the runway. Although I do have to admit his collection was for the size 00 model rather than the average, everyday woman. And I think he could use a little color in his life!

Photobucket

Jillian: I could definitely tell she had a background working for Ralph Lauren...from the knits, to the hats, and riding pants! Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Jillian but Nina Garcia hit the nail on the head when she said there was no unity. It was hard to see how a gold dress fit with the theme of sweaters and winter coats.

Rami: My personal favorite was Rami. I could picture myself wearing everything from the collection. You can tell he really takes into account the form of a woman and thinks about a woman's body before designing. Pant suits, cocktail dresses, gowns, and skits with blouses...He had it all!


LOST FOOTAGE


Although they didn't make it to the finale, I was still able to see Sweet Pea's and Chris' collections. Every year they have all five of them show at Bryant Park so the people in the audience don't know who actually made it to the final show. This way they can't spoil it for everyone else. Personally, I thought it made for a much better show!

Chris: Although he was creative with his use of human hair and black safety pins it wasn't my idea of high fashion. I think his costume background got in the way a little too much. Chris would defintely be the first person I call for my annual Halloween party though! Check out Chris' full collection here

Sweet Pea: Her collection was a lot like her designs on the show...not great but not horrible enough to get her kicked off. She had some cute cocktail dresses but nothing that wowed me. Check out Sweet Pea's collection here

No comments: