Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Rachael Ray in living color...

Today was a really unique and special day for me. Everyone always assumes I spend all my time interacting with all the wonderful celebrities we dress, but often, I'm so busy with work, I rarely have the chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the excitement. But today was different...

Sindia applied last winter (before she even worked here) to have audience tickets to the Rachael Ray show. At the last minute, they notified her on Friday, she had 4 tickets for Monday - how exciting! Even though it tapes right in front of my apartment, I've never been one to pull the contact card and ask our friends at the show for tickets. So when Sindia asked my husband and I to join her & her husband, we jumped at the chance. It was so last minute we didn't even have time to let Jane, Rachael's stylist, and the other girls know we were coming. Oh well, go figure, but then get this - while we were enjoying just being the regular audience for the show, out comes Rachael with my earrings! That's right, in person, and as a total coincidence. Don't you love it? It was such a cool moment. Luckily, since I'm terrible at speaking up, the boys got one of the producers and let them know we were there. We had such a great time with everyone after the show that I told Jane I will never make the same mistake twice - I'll be calling in my favors again soon for another trip to such a great show!! Yumm-O!! I know I'm a big dork, but what a great experience - these are the amazing moments of being a designer so I'll say it again... YUMM-O!

P.S. Watch out for me on the end of the row in a green shirt on October 30th (at least I think that's when its airing)!

No comments: