Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My update on the NYWA Star Awards
~Words with Michelle~

So...I just heard from Wendy, on her way back from the New York Women’s Agenda Star Breakfast and she promises to blog about the experience later today. Since I am new to the blog, I should disclose that not only is Wendy my boss, but one of my best, not to mention oldest, friends. When things like this happen, and she is honored, I am twice as thrilled, primarly because I know she really is an amazing person. Wendy genuinely cares about the causes we support, and she is truly is authentic, and down-to-earth. She is also terribly modest, so I can only hope she doesn't make me take this post down...but she'll have to really fight me on it, so Wendel, don't even try.

My point is, I have watched Wendy transform artistically since we were quite literally kids, and while any of her friends or family could tell you countless stories re-iterating what I've said, I'm pleased that what we all have known for ages was publically validated. Wendy is a tremendous artist, a credit to her field, and most of all, an indescribable friend.

This is my thank you Wendy. We are all so proud of you. Thank you for being you. Now stop blushing, and take the compliments, because you deserve them.

No comments: