Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Friday, April 10, 2009

High Fashion High Waters?

I read a recent blog post (and no, I won't say where) that discussed how to show off your shoes using your skinny jeans. I read it and thought to myself, "that's definitely not the trend for me." Really? Aren't there some trends we can let pass us by? Let's think about this...Isn't the point of skinny jeans to give a great slender look and accentuate your curves (something very few women need)? That being said, if we want to make our legs long and slender, cutting them off at the ankle and adding a big chunky shoe is going to be flattering on VERY few women. For those of you who can rock it, please do! Live it up and let us all be jealous because there will be future trends you should let go while the rest of us will embrace them. This is the beauty of fashion - there's always something for everyone.

For those of us (like myself) who probably shouldn't jump on this bandwagon, can we just agree to disagree with this trend? Let it go, keep the skinny jean and ditch the high water effect. If you want to show off that perfect pedicure with your new Manolos, let's all don a skirt or something else a bit more attractive for our figures. Don't look back in five years and wonder why you thought high waters were high fashion in 2009...

For me, I'm following the rave reviews about hello! skinny jeans... notice their model shots show jeans covering the ankle with a slight bootcut. I'm ordering my own pair soon, and I'll let you know how they fit (and if the negative customer service remarks listed online are true)! Check back for that entry, and as for the cropped skinny jeans, I'll keep those for winter when their shorter length makes them super easy to tuck in my boots.

*IMAGE CREDITS:
Top Left: NORDSTROM - Hudson Jeans ‘Emily’ Super Skinny Crop Stretch Jeans.
Bottom Right: Ultimo.com - Hello! Skinny Jeans Nite Wash

2 comments:

kyd said...

buyer beware!!! customer service and the owner are still a NIGHTMARE. my friend just tried to return a pair of hello! jeans she bought, since they were not exactly what she wanted. not only did they refuse to accept the return (which would not have been an issue) but hand wrote on the return slip, "how could you not know your size? how could you not know what color the wash would be? the knees are shiny; can't return worn items."

obviously thinking that they had a rogue customer service agent, she called today to talk to them about it. not only did they stand by their note but she was told by the OWNER, "i don't know what you do on your knees, but they were obviously worn and we won't accept them."

WTF???!!! what kind of company insults its own customers? who cares how they look, i will never support that kind of company. i love the BDG brand skinny jeans that i got from UO (and i used to think my thighs were too big for skinny pants). and no, i don't work for either company.

Wendy said...

Wow - thanks for the feedback. I've heard a lot of mixed comments and stories about the customer service so IF I order, I'll be sure to report on my experience. I'll definitely be checking out BDG brand as well! I always love new recommendations!