Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Friday, April 24, 2009

"Wish Me Luck" OR "Hosting a Chuck E. Cheese Birthday Party"

I couldn't decide what to call this...though I do think the extended title should be: "Wish me luck because I am insane, and am throwing a birthday party for multiple 5 & 6 year olds at Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow morning." A little wordy, yes, but accurate.

Why do I share this, you ask? First of all...Mother's Day is coming, and frankly, it seemed like a prudent idea to remind everyone what your mothers went through for you. Birthday parties are only one element. We also take care of the less memorable, thankless tasks; acting as a chauffeur, washer of laundry, personal shopper (what, you thought your childhood wardrobe just materialized?) and most likely, co-bringer of the bacon as well. Not saying we do it alone, but consider trying this...ask your dad how old you were when you had the chicken pox. Chances are he'll remember you were 5. Ask mom the same question and she'll say it was 2 weeks after your 5th birthday, you ran a fever for 3 days, but it wasn't too bad because you only had about 10 spots, and one of them left a little scar under your left cheekbone. At least that's the conversation I recently had with my parents. In my ever so humble opinion, Moms are the keepers of details, and that's worth taking some time to say "thanks" for.

Second reason...clearly, I need your support/sympathy :( Chuck E. Cheese. The Little Munchkin's Birthday Party. 5 & 6 year olds. Uggggghhhh...wish me luck.

p.s. Love you Mom, and thanks for all those cupcakes you made while I was growing up! =)

photo credit: cec

No comments: