Jewelry Information, Guest Designer Input, Fashion Trends, Web Finds, & a few of our favorite things at Wendy Culpepper!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Date With A Rock Star! ~ Words with Sindia

So ladies- we all know that when we have a big night coming up we sit and ponder our "perfect" outfit all week. Maybe even longer for some... Of course I've been hunting the web for the perfect dress and little did I know that it's already in my closet, my go-to little black dress. Now that I have the dress and the boots- it's time to accessorize!

First on my list is the new polish from KO. KO (Knock Out) is the creation of makeup artist Mike Potter - best known for creating the hair and makeup for the groundbreaking stage and film versions of Hedwig & the Angry Inch. Treat yourself to a little Victoriana meets art deco meets ultimate rock chic- perfect for my date! What makes this polish so great and unique you ask? There is no high shine but a flat, subtle and soft gloss.


So what else would go perfect with my new found polish and little black dress? You probably guessed it, JEWELRY! A thick chunky silver textured ring would add some well deserved attention to your new nails and don't forget to layer up your necklaces. I like to wear a long silver piece then jazz it up with a splash of color.


One-two-three- My outfit is ready to go and I'm ready for my big night out with a rock star, otherwise known as my husband and talented musician, Mike Hannigan from My Antenna.

No comments: